map

home

Monday, March 4, 2013

Music Monday #57 - Soundgarden




Don't even care if I seem cliched because of where I'm from. Best song ever. EVEREVER.

This album blew my brain to bits. I came upon the whole of it late, when I was about 10 years old. Superunknown was released in 1994, and we had accidentally obtained a cd copy via our BMG subscription service that usually sent us cassettes (if that doesn't date me, I don't know what does!), but didn't get our first cd player until mom's birthday in 1995. So when I finally got to hear it in its entirety, it changed everything. I go back to a lot of songs and albums from my childhood and find that something is missing and/or my ears are too worldly/experienced for it to hold up in the present day. Not this album. It's still as wonderfully dreary and heavy as it ever was. Thank you for this album, Soundgarden. So much <3

Also, my mom bumped into Chris Cornell while out clubbing once in Seattle when I was a little kid and I always dreamed about what it would be like if he was my dad. Hahaha! I'm ridiculous, I know :P


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...