map

home

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Vital steps in curing resin!

What we like to see!

Okay, so I recently almost destroyed my entire stock of jewelry after getting a resin kit and becoming so excited about using it to church up my existing pendants that I skipped a bunch of steps! Don't do what I did! Avoid my mistakes and guarantee yourself a quick curing!

WARM YOUR RESIN!
Even if it doesn't feel cold, make absolute sure you sit your bottle of resin in warm water for about 40 minutes! I found out that since I hastily skipped that step, I made it harder to get an accurate measurement of resin, which is absolutely essential for it to cure properly! You need EXACTLY the same ratio of resin to hardener, and thinning out the resin will make it pour more evenly in your cup.

DON'T BE STINGY!
NEVERNEVERNEVER mix less than half an ounce of resin and hardener combined! You're pretty much guaranteeing yourself that whatever masterpiece you just crafted is never going to cure! Also, it will cost you more product in the long run if you have to keep trying to pour resin over and over!

STIIIIIRRRRR!!!
Very important. It's recommended that you thoroughly stir your mixture for about two minutes, taking care to scrape the sides and bottom of the cup, then let it sit for five minutes to get the bubbles to dissipate!

More complete instructions can be found here. These are just the major steps I missed in my excitement :c You can bet I'll never be skipping steps ever again!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...